Here are some items of local news:
Model Boating Lake
Work has commenced on the repairs to the model boating lake after the council granted permission for residents to part fund the works.
Jon David Closed
The long established Hoylake furniture store Jon David looks like it has now closed for business. The store had been running a closing down sale for several weeks. The building is available to let.
Lookout for the Red Arrows – it’s the annual Hoylake Lifeboat Day on Bank Holiday Monday, 31st August. It’ll be the first at the new station of course.
Mary Queen of Shops
The BBC programme fronted by Mary Portas, Mary Queen of Shops is to feature Hoylake greengrocers Fosters in a future series. Hopefully, I’ll have more information on this in due course.
The analogue television transmission signal switches to digital in our area later this year. On Tuesday, 18th there will be an information roadshow at the lifeboat station where you should be able ask any questions that you may have.
Coming Up Soon
- News and photos about Hoylake and Meols in Bloom
- Photos of the repair work to the model boating lake
- News of an event at Hoylake Community Centre
- An update on the forthcoming Hoylake 10K
- Some planned tweaks for HoylakeJunction.com
- Feel free to send me your Hoylake news to news [@] hoylakejunction.com
Hope you’re all fine – it’s nice to be back 🙂