To my knowledge this wasn’t publicised much at all, but HRH Princess Alexandra (pictured wearing dark hat – more info) was at Hoylake Cottage yesterday afternoon – I managed to confirm the visit by checking the Court Circular. I’m guessing it was an official opening of sorts? A solitary jet did a fly past too! Thanks go to my roving reporters (wife and children) for being in the right place at the right time – I was at a meeting in Liverpool.
In other news (thanks to Jackie Hall / Pat Ireland for some of these):
- the men have started fixing the broken railings at the roundabout. So far they’ve just fixed the posts.
- the railing flower boxes are indeed to do with the Hoylake In Bloom team – courtesy of a community initiatives grant
- unfortunately the ornamental grasses on the roundabout have been given a short back-and-sides by over zealous council gardeners …oops!
- A Hoylake burglary victim writes to The Globe.
- If you use facebook.com then have you spotted the The Parade School Hoylake group? I’m not a fan of facebook myself and hardly ever use the site …but I’ve just applied to join the group anyways 🙂
- We’re nearly six months into the year and work hasn’t yet started on the Kings Gap Hotel revamp …anyone know anything?
Have you got news for me? Seen or read something about Hoylake that you’d like to share …feel free to get in touch.