Further to my news about Heaps leaving Hoylake, their Managing Director, David Millar has kindly been in touch with an update.
- Yes I’m afraid we are leaving Hoylake after 39 years; for Birkenhead. We moved to Hoylake from Liverpool (we were founded in Liverpool in 1866) after our building was compulsorily purchased to make way for the Liverpool Echo building.
- There are no planned job losses as we have asked everyone to move with us, this is an expansion not a contraction. We are moving to considerably bigger site (43,000 sq feet) to enable our business to continue growing.
- As far as interesting memories go we enjoyed supporting Newton road and Lee Road to hold a street party in 1977 to celebrate the Silver Jubilee.
- We know both sites are for sale, but as we don’t own either site we are not sure what they will be used for.
- Currently our aim is to move out of Britannia House by the end of May and out of Rallim by the end of June.