You’ve probably noticed but there have been a few openings/closings of shops in Hoylake recently. I thought I’d do quick run down of what’s been happening on and around Market Street:
(1) Hoylake Violin shop has now closed. I mentioned some weeks ago that the violin shop was up for sale and it seems the building has been bought as the removal men were there the other day.
(2) Martin & Co letting agent, who were located in the first row of shops just past Sandringham Avenue has relocated to Moreton. That shop was the old Bon Bon sweet shop of course.
(3) Jills Cookshop has opened next to the pet shop.
(4) The Little Bluebird Tea Rooms & Cakery is coming soon. Judging by the map on their facebook page it looks like they’re opening in the former Greek restaurant next to Meat & Mingle. cafe
(5) I’ve heard that a vegetarian restaurant is to open in the vacant shop next to the Monte Carlo restaurant but I’ve seen the shop listed on a property website this week as being available to rent , so I’m not sure what’s happening there. By the way, Monte Carlo has opened a second venue of the same name in Heswall.
By now Hoylake residents will have received a letter from their MP, Esther McVey, detailing a campaign entitled Support Your Shop Local Month.
Armed with your paper coupon you can make a purchase at the participating outlets and receive a discount of 5%. Purchases of alcohol are excluded. The offer runs until the end of May and if deemed to be successful will run again in the future.
Party politics aside (this is HoylakeJunction, not Question Time!), what do you think?